Pure, Natural, True Texas Soap
– soap made by Texans, For Texans-
Old Factory – True Texas Soap. Based in the beautiful Hill Country, Old Factory creates true Texas soap with pure, natural ingredients – inspired by our beautiful surroundings and with many locally grown, and native plants.
What do we consider to be the factors of true Texas Soap?
- Quality – Texans always want the best – they desire quality over quantity. Here at Old Factory we only use high quality vegetable oils, essential oils, herbs and botanicals. We don’t use any lesser quality oils to dilute our recipes. We don put single drops of exotic oils just to be able to add it to our ingredients. We just use good, wholesome ingredients, and lots of them.
- Truly Natural – Here in the Hill Country especially, we want our environment – and our products to be natural. We rely on the groundwater to sustain our lifestyle – and we are careful what goes into the ground, and where that water goes because we know that without it, this area would be uninhabitable. At Old Factory we aim to do the same, put nothing in our soap that we wouldn’t want in our water, in our land, or on our bodies. We use only natural ingredients, no chemical dyes, no harsh colorants – just ingredients created naturally on earth.
- Highly Sustainable – In the Austin Texas area, true Texans here are focused on sustainability. We know that the future of our families, and our area depends on preserving our beautiful state. Here at Old Factory we only use packaging that can be reused, or recycled. We try to use as little packaging as possible – we sell Texas soap after all, does it really need that much packaging?
- Inspired by our beautiful state – One thing that we are famous for here in Texas are our stunning roadsides in the spring – as well as many other beautiful natural features across our state. All of our products are inspired by the natural world around us and the ideas that it inspires. We love using, and exploring native plants, wildflowers, and trees. We create unique limited editions made with seasonal Texas plants, wildcrafted and dried, extracted, or distilled.
We cycle through many seasonal ingredients in our limited edition Texas soap. Here are just some Texas grown ingredients in our standard lines:
- Pure, Raw Texas Honey – Fowler Farms honey goes into several of our soaps – especially our Milk & Honey soap.
- Goats Milk – Texas born and raised, happy goats provide us fresh goats milk for our goats milk soap line.
- Spearmint grown in Austin, Texas – Johnsons Backyard Garden Organic Farm grows the organic spearmint we use on top of our Mint & Mary soap.
- Prairie Coneflower Petals – Collected and dried each spring, these beautiful purple/red and yellow petals top some of our limited edition bars.
- Juniper Berries – Collected and tinctured in house – juniper berries make up part of our Herb & Soil scent.
- Prairie Verbena flowers – One of the many wildflowers that tops our Field & Flower bar, part of our goats milk line and one of our most seasonal texas soap.