OLD FACTORY NAMED
THE BEST SOAP IN TEXAS
Thanks to Popshop America for voting Old Factory the best soap in Texas! We are proud and excited to be named for this honor, and of course we agree!! We thought we would share some of the reasons why our soap shop was given the title best soap in Texas.
Why is Old Factory’s soap the best soap in Texas?
-Its Amazing Ingredients-
- Pure + Natural Scents All of our scents are made with pure essential oils, natural extracts, infusions, and tinctures. All from plants that are nourishing our largest organ, the skin. Some of these unique scents we even extract in house. One example of this is our fine tobacco tincture, part of our Herb & Soil goats milk soap. For this mix, we start with full fresh organic tobacco leaves, and extract the scent by tincturing it with an organic alcohol.
- High Quality Base Oils, and LOTS of them Our soap is true, cold process soap made with vegitables. Our recipes are fit for kings and queens, but priced for people. Just read our ingredients. Our formulations were designed as powerful support for your skin. We will never compromise quality for price, and we’ll never sink to low marketing tricks such as adding tiny percentages of decadent oils just to get it on our labels. We also will never use cheaper alternatives such as palm or sunflower oil. All of our soap starts with a base of four organic oils: olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Fresh Local Herbs When possible we source our herbs locally, and fresh – right from the field. We dry them ourselves, this allows for their healing qualities to be at their fullest – as well as their beauty. One of our best selling soaps – our Mint & Mary is topped with freshly dried spearmint leaves from Johnsons Backyard Organic Garden in Austin Texas. Collecting Texas Hill Country wildflowers and drying them is another favorite pastime of ours. You can see these botanicals featured in our Field & Flower bar soap.
- Dried Botanicals Many herbs & botanicals we can not find locally, so we purchase fresh dried herbs from sources all over the country. Our dried botanicals act as beautiful adornments, and gentle exfoliants. A recent favorite supplier our of Oregon is providing us with wildcrafted rose petals – beautiful & powerful addition to our lucid dream soaps.
- Nourishing Add Ins From pure goats milk, to locally brewed craft beer, our list of materials is always growing and changing seasonally. A large part of our business is helping others create soap with their own ingredients. From crafting brew soaps for local brewery, to specially formulated blends for herbalists – our practice is versatile. We always love working with new ingredients, and creating limited editions.
- Natural Colorants & More Coming from a background of extreme chemical sensitivities, we learned early on that there is no place in our world for chemical skincare – not on your skin, not in your water, not in your backyard, not in your oceans….nowhere! We will never use chemically based dyes or coloring agents. The colors of our soap comes from the dried, crushed, botanicals themselves, or pigments from naturally occurring reactions from the earth. Essential oils play a part in coloring as well.
-Its Masterfully Crafted-
- Unique Perfume Blends Old Factory was founded on a base of creative expression. You will never find a simple scent among our collection. Each aroma is intentionally, and intuitively blended speaking for the plants themselves. Each one tells a story.
- Recipes Refined for Years Our master soap maker began experimenting with recipes as soon as he learned how to make soap. Developing our recipe over years for the gentle, yet powerful affect it has on our skin, and the skin of our family, friends, customers, pets. Simple, powerful ingredients make our recipes versatile – the best soap for your face, for your body, for your hands, for shaving, for hair, for dishes…we are always coming up with new applications.
- Combining extensive research, folk medicine, and intuition Our products stand the test of time because of the thought we put into each one. We cherish each ingredient, and are on a constant quest for bettering ourselves, and our products.
-Unique & Sustainable Aesthetic-
- Sustainable Packaging Designed In House All of Old Factory’s packaging is designed in house specifically for its purpose. Our sampler boxes for example, were designed so that we could print and fold them ourselves without the use of adhesives. We feel that this lends to their sustainability (no shipping waste, minimal production waste), and it also brings us closer to each product that leaves our workshop. On our larger bars, our simple paper wrap is designed so that it can be easily recycled, using minimal paper. All of our packaging can be recycled, or reused.
- Unique Illustrations & Design We do all of our own graphic design in house. All of the Storyline scents with unique illustrations started on a simple piece of paper, drawn and scanned into photoshop and modified. Each piece of our packaging tells a story along with the product it houses – read our stories on each individual product page.
- True Artisanal Quality We feel like our public should not have to choose between a beautiful, but chemical filled perfumed product or a nourishing, health but plain one. We aim to offer both – supreme quality, with beautiful aesthetics.
-Caring, Informed & Supportive Customers-
- The Best Customers In The World We wouldn’t be what we are today, if it wasn’t for our customers. We began this company 8 years ago, out of necessity, because of a severe chemical sensitivity. Since that time we have met so many others on the same quest, to find “clean” body products for daily use. We have a reciprocal need for each other – we are the only skincare product on the market that will work for them, and they provide us with an opportunity to learn, grow, and expand our creative endeavor. We offer them not only a product that will sooth and nourish their skin, but will provide them with some unique artistry along the way.
Thanks again to Popshop America for this great honor!! Thanks to our customers, new and old. Thanks to the Plants.