Using Tea Tree Oil for Hair: Benefits+Tips
From skincare to health, the application of essential oils are many, and in the recent years, they have started receiving their well deserved share of spotlight! Among the many powerful essential oils that work great for hair health in particular, tea tree oil tends to stand out.
Here’s taking a quick look into how it benefits hair health, and quick tips to use it right.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
When it comes to improving hair growth, tea tree oil works wonders. Here’s how using it as a part of your hair care routine could help!
- Topical application of the oil on the scalp could help unclog hair follicles and and strengthen the hair roots, which ultimately boosts hair growth.
- Regular use of the oil could also turn out to be an effective natural remedy for dandruff and lice. Infact, it has been in use for lice removal since ages.
- One of the best benefits of using tea tree oil for hair is that it tends to nourish and moisturize the scalp, which is perfect for individuals affected by dry skin.
- The powerful antibacterial action of this essential oil is what makes it a good remedy for bacterial and fungal infections of the scalp.
- A lot of commercially available hair care products, especially those targeted towards hairfall and hair thinning also pack in tea tree oil as an ingredient- that’s how powerful it is when it comes to boosting overall hair health.
Tips for Proper Use
There are several ways to put tea tree oil to use.
- Mix a couple of drops of pure tea tree oil into your shampoo and then use it- a quick and no fuss way to target dandruff and lice, and even other bacterial infections.
- A weekly deep conditioning hair treatment with coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil used as a hair mask, could also be a wonderful way to put it to use.
- Another great idea is to mix a few drops of the essential oil with a cup of water, and pour it into a spray bottle and use it as a hair spray- it’ll nourish and moisturize the hair while protecting it from dryness, bacteria and lice.
- When mixed with rosemary oil and applied to the scalp (in the diluted form), tea tree oil can work wonders in boosting hair growth naturally!